LA CROSSE, Wis. - Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre is asking his fans to help an 8-year-old boy from La Crescent.
Obadiah "Obi" Christenson has neuroblastoma cancer and is being treated at Gundersen Health System. Christenson has been named a semi-finalist in White Cloud's national tissue box design.
Favre tweeted Tuesday night, "Please vote now and help me bring some hope and joy to an 8 year old boy from Minnesota http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/home" via his official Twitter account (@Favre4Official)
On Favre's official website, he wrote, "I want to take a personal favor from you all. I recently had the privilege to talk to a brave young man named Obadiah Christenson, and wanted to let you know that he needs our help!"
If Christenson's design is one of the top three vote getters, Children's Miracle Network (CMN) Hospitals at Gundersen Health System will receive $15,000.
You can vote for Christenson's design at White Cloud's Facebook page. Voting ends on January 31.
- Parents upset after photo surfaces showing daughter duct taped to chair at daycare
- 1 dead, 1 injured as van rams Marseille bus stops
- Janesville police arrest man on suspicion of 8th OWI
- Report: State superintendent Tony Evers to make gubernatorial run official Wednesday
- Fifth and sixth graders take solar eclipse road trip
- Fire ravages longstanding Door County establishment