LA CROSSE, Wis. - Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre is asking his fans to help an 8-year-old boy from La Crescent.
Obadiah "Obi" Christenson has neuroblastoma cancer and is being treated at Gundersen Health System. Christenson has been named a semi-finalist in White Cloud's national tissue box design.
Favre tweeted Tuesday night, "Please vote now and help me bring some hope and joy to an 8 year old boy from Minnesota http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/home" via his official Twitter account (@Favre4Official)
On Favre's official website, he wrote, "I want to take a personal favor from you all. I recently had the privilege to talk to a brave young man named Obadiah Christenson, and wanted to let you know that he needs our help!"
If Christenson's design is one of the top three vote getters, Children's Miracle Network (CMN) Hospitals at Gundersen Health System will receive $15,000.
You can vote for Christenson's design at White Cloud's Facebook page. Voting ends on January 31.
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say
- Police warn of kidnapping scam
- Driver injured in suspected OWI rollover, deputies say
- King holiday takes on added significance in age of Trump
- Man caught speeding suspected of 4th OWI, deputies say