MADISON, Wis. - Four boys were cited Wednesday after a Madison Metro passenger reported seeing a young man in possession of a handgun.
Officers responded to the Madison Metro bus on South Midvale Boulevard, near Odana Road, at 9:34 pm after all suspects had fled the bus. The two 12-year-olds and 13-year-olds were found a short distance away. Police found what was determined to be a BB gun in a nearby yard. Officers reported the weapon had the appearance of a real gun.
Three suspects were cited for party to a crime of possession of a pellet gun under the age of 18. The primary suspect was cited for underage possession of a pellet gun and taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on tentative charges of disorderly conduct and obstructing. The primary suspect refused to give police his name and claimed to be a member of a street gang.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms