MADISON, Wis. - A Peshtigo man is charged with fatally stabbing his girlfriend, who was an advocate for victims of domestic violence.
Forty-eight-year-old Brent Kaempf was charged Wednesday with one count of first-degree intentional homicide.
Kaempf is accused of killing 45-year-old Patricia Waschbisch. She was found dead in her Peshtigo home Sunday night.
According to the criminal complaint, friends told authorities that Waschbisch said she was going to break up with Kaempf and that he was stalking her at a bar.
Waschbisch's daughter found her mother's body on their bathroom floor. Police found Kaempf sleeping in his car in the Milwaukee suburb of Wauwatosa early Monday. He told officers he had run away from home.
Kaempf remains in the Marinette County Jail.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two