MADISON, Wis. - A Peshtigo man is charged with fatally stabbing his girlfriend, who was an advocate for victims of domestic violence.
Forty-eight-year-old Brent Kaempf was charged Wednesday with one count of first-degree intentional homicide.
Kaempf is accused of killing 45-year-old Patricia Waschbisch. She was found dead in her Peshtigo home Sunday night.
According to the criminal complaint, friends told authorities that Waschbisch said she was going to break up with Kaempf and that he was stalking her at a bar.
Waschbisch's daughter found her mother's body on their bathroom floor. Police found Kaempf sleeping in his car in the Milwaukee suburb of Wauwatosa early Monday. He told officers he had run away from home.
Kaempf remains in the Marinette County Jail.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes