MADISON, Wis. - A Peshtigo man is charged with fatally stabbing his girlfriend, who was an advocate for victims of domestic violence.
Forty-eight-year-old Brent Kaempf was charged Wednesday with one count of first-degree intentional homicide.
Kaempf is accused of killing 45-year-old Patricia Waschbisch. She was found dead in her Peshtigo home Sunday night.
According to the criminal complaint, friends told authorities that Waschbisch said she was going to break up with Kaempf and that he was stalking her at a bar.
Waschbisch's daughter found her mother's body on their bathroom floor. Police found Kaempf sleeping in his car in the Milwaukee suburb of Wauwatosa early Monday. He told officers he had run away from home.
Kaempf remains in the Marinette County Jail.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs