An 8-year-old boy who was hit by lightning last week in central Wisconsin is now out of the hospital.
Blake Draeger of Weston had been riding his dirt bike in the Town of Rib Falls on June 26 when he was struck. The lightning ruptured his eardrums and scratched the lenses of his eyeballs. He had second-degree burns over more than a quarter of his body.
A WKOW-TV report says he was released from the University of Wisconsin Hospital early Thursday morning.
His father, Chris Draeger says the medical team doesn't think Blake will have any permanent damage to his eyes and ears.
The boy's nickname is "Tuffy." His grandfather's wife, Jenifer Wilhelm, says the name accurately describes how Blake has dealt with the situation.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion