WAUSAU, Wis. - An 8-year-old boy who was struck by lightning in central Wisconsin could soon be released from the hospital.
Blake Draeger is recovering at the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.
He was struck June 26 as he rode his dirt bike in a field in the Town of Rib Falls. The lightning ruptured his eardrums, scratched the lenses of his eyeballs and left more than a quarter of his body covered with second-degree burns.
The boy's father, Chris Draeger, said the medical team doesn't predict any permanent damage to Blake's ears or eyes.
Daily Herald Media reported the boy could be released from the hospital as early as Thursday.
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing