WAUSAU, Wis. - An 8-year-old boy who was struck by lightning in central Wisconsin could soon be released from the hospital.
Blake Draeger is recovering at the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.
He was struck June 26 as he rode his dirt bike in a field in the Town of Rib Falls. The lightning ruptured his eardrums, scratched the lenses of his eyeballs and left more than a quarter of his body covered with second-degree burns.
The boy's father, Chris Draeger, said the medical team doesn't predict any permanent damage to Blake's ears or eyes.
Daily Herald Media reported the boy could be released from the hospital as early as Thursday.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry