EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - The father of a 3-year-old Wisconsin boy who was rescued from a submerged van says his son continues his recovery.
Bystanders rescued Logan Buchli of Eau Claire when the van rolled into the Chippewa River Saturday evening.
The boy's father, Trevor Buchli, tells the Leader-Telegram Wednesday his son was moved from intensive care to a regular pediatric unit at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Buchli said in a telephone interview from Logan's hospital room that his son is "pretty fussy" but is "hanging in there pretty good."
Logan spent a few days on a ventilator and in a medically induced coma at the hospital. The boy spent an estimated six to eight minutes in the sunken van before bystanders were able to break a window and retrieve him.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1