SPRING VALLEY, Wis. - A 9-year-old Wisconsin boy has been released from a Minnesota hospital two days after his older brother accidentally shot him in the leg.
The shooting happened Saturday afternoon in the Pierce County town of Spring Valley, where the boys were visiting their father. WEAU-TV in Eau Claire reported that the boy was released from the hospital on Monday.
Pierce County deputies said the older boy, age 11, found a .357 caliber handgun in a gun cabinet and decided to show his brother how to load it but accidentally fired it instead.
The boy was taken to a hospital in Menomonie, and then airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul.
The boys' names have not been released.
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- 2 deputies on leave after man shoots himself during eviction
- New route set for Ride the Drive
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program