SPRING VALLEY, Wis. - A 9-year-old Wisconsin boy has been released from a Minnesota hospital two days after his older brother accidentally shot him in the leg.
The shooting happened Saturday afternoon in the Pierce County town of Spring Valley, where the boys were visiting their father. WEAU-TV in Eau Claire reported that the boy was released from the hospital on Monday.
Pierce County deputies said the older boy, age 11, found a .357 caliber handgun in a gun cabinet and decided to show his brother how to load it but accidentally fired it instead.
The boy was taken to a hospital in Menomonie, and then airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul.
The boys' names have not been released.
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan