MADISON, Wis. - A 12-year-old boy ran after a would-be robber and got his cellphone back Tuesday night, Madison Police Department said.
He was walking alone around 9:30 p.m. on West Badger Road with a headset on when another teenager approached him from behind and took his phone, according to a release.
The boy ran after the robber and punched him in the head, police said. The two struggled and the boy was also punched in the head.
MPD said the boy got his phone back, but police talked with him about the dangers of walking alone at night with a headset on while carrying his cellphone in his hand.
The would-be robber is described as a Hispanic male in his mid-teens with short hair and a beard. He was wearing a T-shirt and white gym shorts with a single black vertical line down each of the shorts.Madison crime map
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter