MADISON, Wis. - A 12-year-old boy ran after a would-be robber and got his cellphone back Tuesday night, Madison Police Department said.
He was walking alone around 9:30 p.m. on West Badger Road with a headset on when another teenager approached him from behind and took his phone, according to a release.
The boy ran after the robber and punched him in the head, police said. The two struggled and the boy was also punched in the head.
MPD said the boy got his phone back, but police talked with him about the dangers of walking alone at night with a headset on while carrying his cellphone in his hand.
The would-be robber is described as a Hispanic male in his mid-teens with short hair and a beard. He was wearing a T-shirt and white gym shorts with a single black vertical line down each of the shorts.Madison crime map
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say