GRATIOT TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A boy died Saturday after he was hurt in an utility terrain vehicle accident in Lafayette County.
County sheriff's deputies said four people were riding the UTV at a farm on South Prairie Road in Gratiot Township. That's located near the Wisconsin-Illinois border, south of Wiota.
Authorities said the UTV hit a haystack and overturned. A 9-year-old boy was partially ejected and taken to Monroe Clinic. He later died from his injuries.
The Department of Natural Resources and the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office are investigating the accident.
The boy's identity has not yet been released.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says