GRATIOT TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A boy died Saturday after he was hurt in an utility terrain vehicle accident in Lafayette County.
County sheriff's deputies said four people were riding the UTV at a farm on South Prairie Road in Gratiot Township. That's located near the Wisconsin-Illinois border, south of Wiota.
Authorities said the UTV hit a haystack and overturned. A 9-year-old boy was partially ejected and taken to Monroe Clinic. He later died from his injuries.
The Department of Natural Resources and the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office are investigating the accident.
The boy's identity has not yet been released.
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution