RIB MOUNTAIN, Wis. - Authorities say an 8-year-old boy has been burned by a lightning strike in central Wisconsin.
Rib Mountain fire officials told WSAW-TV the boy was on a motorcycle Wednesday about 6:30 p.m. near Edgar when his father saw lightning strike his son. The father ran over to the boy and began CPR. He then put him in a car, started heading to the hospital and called 911.
An ambulance met them en route and took the child to Aspirus Wausau Hospital. He was transferred to another hospital, which was not identified. There's no immediate word on his condition.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn