RIB MOUNTAIN, Wis. - Authorities say an 8-year-old boy has been burned by a lightning strike in central Wisconsin.
Rib Mountain fire officials told WSAW-TV the boy was on a motorcycle Wednesday about 6:30 p.m. near Edgar when his father saw lightning strike his son. The father ran over to the boy and began CPR. He then put him in a car, started heading to the hospital and called 911.
An ambulance met them en route and took the child to Aspirus Wausau Hospital. He was transferred to another hospital, which was not identified. There's no immediate word on his condition.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land