RIB MOUNTAIN, Wis. - Authorities say an 8-year-old boy has been burned by a lightning strike in central Wisconsin.
Rib Mountain fire officials told WSAW-TV the boy was on a motorcycle Wednesday about 6:30 p.m. near Edgar when his father saw lightning strike his son. The father ran over to the boy and began CPR. He then put him in a car, started heading to the hospital and called 911.
An ambulance met them en route and took the child to Aspirus Wausau Hospital. He was transferred to another hospital, which was not identified. There's no immediate word on his condition.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns