BLANCHARD TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Authorities in Lafayette County have identified the Blanchardville boy killed when he was hit by a piece of digging equipment.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department said 8-year-old boy Melvin Jerrett Jr. died Friday afternoon after he was run over by a skid-steer loader.
According to a statement, officials pronounced the child dead at the scene in Blanchard Township. The statement said Melvin Jerrett Sr., 31, was operating the skid-steer loader was backing up when he ran over the boy.
Officers received the 911 call a little before 5 p.m. Friday.
The sheriff's department said the skid-steer equipment was being used at a small campground site development.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs