OCONOMOWOC, Wis. - An 8-year-old boy has died after being pulled from the Oconomowoc River.
Police say the boy was with a group visiting Riverside Park when a chaperone noticed he was missing Thursday.
The boy was found in the river shortly before 2:30 p.m. and was pulled from the water by one of the chaperones.
First responders performed CPR on the boy and he was taken to a hospital, where he died a short time later.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports police did not identify the boy. His death remains under investigation.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire