OCONOMOWOC, Wis. - An 8-year-old boy has died after being pulled from the Oconomowoc River.
Police say the boy was with a group visiting Riverside Park when a chaperone noticed he was missing Thursday.
The boy was found in the river shortly before 2:30 p.m. and was pulled from the water by one of the chaperones.
First responders performed CPR on the boy and he was taken to a hospital, where he died a short time later.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports police did not identify the boy. His death remains under investigation.
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski