OCONOMOWOC, Wis. - An 8-year-old boy has died after being pulled from the Oconomowoc River.
Police say the boy was with a group visiting Riverside Park when a chaperone noticed he was missing Thursday.
The boy was found in the river shortly before 2:30 p.m. and was pulled from the water by one of the chaperones.
First responders performed CPR on the boy and he was taken to a hospital, where he died a short time later.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports police did not identify the boy. His death remains under investigation.
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight