KEWAUNEE, Wis. - Authorities investigating a van crash into a harbor in northeastern Wisconsin over the weekend say the 40-year-old driver has died but his 5-year-old son survived.
A WLUK-TV report says Kewaunee police responded Sunday morning to a report of a van that lost control and landed in the water near Kewaunee Harbor.
Witnesses found the boy hanging onto the side of a boat. They lifted him out and he told them he couldn't find his parents.
Kewaunee Police Chief Frank Salentine says the father was the only other person in the van. His body was recovered nearby in about 16 feet of water.
The man is identified as Shane Dillenburg of Green Bay.
An autopsy is scheduled Tuesday. Police say it's unclear what caused the van to leave the road.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend