TOWN OF CADIZ, Wis. - Authorities said both drivers were injured and cited in a town of Cadiz crash Friday afternoon.
The Green County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to a report of a two-vehicle crash on the W8200 block of Highway 11 at 4:22 p.m.
According to the report, Dennis G. Gensler, 60, of Shullsburg, was headed west on Highway 11 when a car driven by Robert W. Chaddick, 76, of Browntown, made a left turn in front of Gensler. The two vehicles collided.
The sheriff's office said Gensler was injured and not wearing a seat belt. Gensler's airbag deployed.
Chaddick was also injured, but the report said it wasn't known if he was wearing his seat belt. There was no airbag in Chaddick's vehicle.
Both drivers were taken by EMS to the Monroe Clinic ER.
Both vehicles received severe damage and were towed from the scene. Officials said Gensler was cited on suspicion of failure to wear a seat belt.
The Green County Sheriff's Office also said Chaddick will be cited on suspicion of failure to yield while making a left turn.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs