MADISON, Wis. - The former girlfriend of a man found dead almost 13 years ago made her initial appearance in Columbia County Court Monday.
Leah J. Waldhart, 38, of Beaver Dam, was arrested Friday morning on suspicion of first-degree intentional homicide.
Waldhart was the girlfriend of Curtis Wylesky, who was found in a ditch off County Road Z outside Fall River on April 23, 2001. His truck was nearby. It was clear the 42-year-old had been hurt, but the case went cold until July, when investigators announced a person of interest.
Authorities exhumed Wylesky's body at the South Beaver Dam Cemetery Feb. 4 after new evidence was found in the killing.
Waldhart was charged with first-degree intentional homicide Monday and her bond was set at $500,000 cash. A condition of her bond says that she cannot have contact with Wylesky's immediate family. A hearing is scheduled for April 15.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets