MADISON, Wis. - Madison police, Dane County sheriff's deputies and the bomb squad were called to the Baymont Inn on East Towne Boulevard just after 7 a.m. on Monday.
MPD was alerted to a suspicious package in the hotel's parking lot and immediately informed the Dane County Bomb Squad.
Police said four PVC pipes were found near 4202 East Towne Blvd. The capped pipes were 3 feet long and 4 inches in diameter, according to the report.
The parking lot was closed off but guests were not evacuated.
Officers used a robot to inspect the pipes, Madison police said. No explosives were found and officers said the pipes, which were filled with sand, posed no threat.
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing