MADISON, Wis. - Madison police, Dane County sheriff's deputies and the bomb squad were called to the Baymont Inn on East Towne Boulevard just after 7 a.m. on Monday.
MPD was alerted to a suspicious package in the hotel's parking lot and immediately informed the Dane County Bomb Squad.
Police said four PVC pipes were found near 4202 East Towne Blvd. The capped pipes were 3 feet long and 4 inches in diameter, according to the report.
The parking lot was closed off but guests were not evacuated.
Officers used a robot to inspect the pipes, Madison police said. No explosives were found and officers said the pipes, which were filled with sand, posed no threat.
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases