KENOSHA, Wis. - A gruesome discovery awaited authorities as they responded to a brush fire in Kenosha on Monday.
Kenosha police said officers and firefighters went to Nedweski Park in Kenosha for the fire. After it was extinguished, they found a woman's body.
Police believed the body belonged to 20-year-old Lashe Zalar of Kenosha. Officers met with her family, but DNA testing is needed to make a final confirmation on the identity.
Zalar has been missing since early Monday when she went for a walk.
The case remains under investigation.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement