KENOSHA, Wis. - A gruesome discovery awaited authorities as they responded to a brush fire in Kenosha on Monday.
Kenosha police said officers and firefighters went to Nedweski Park in Kenosha for the fire. After it was extinguished, they found a woman's body.
Police believed the body belonged to 20-year-old Lashe Zalar of Kenosha. Officers met with her family, but DNA testing is needed to make a final confirmation on the identity.
Zalar has been missing since early Monday when she went for a walk.
The case remains under investigation.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes