MILWAUKEE - An autopsy is expected to determine the identity of a body pulled from the river in downtown Milwaukee not far from where a college student went missing on New Year's Day.
Milwaukee police say the body had been in the Milwaukee River for several months. Family and friends have posted flyers about the missing University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student in the downtown area and have searched for him. Twenty-four-year-old Nick Wilcox was last seen at a bar near where the body was found Thursday.
WTMJ radio reported autopsy results are expected later Friday.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says