MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office has released the name of the man who was pulled out of Lake Monona early Tuesday morning.
Larnal Friend, 68, of Milwaukee, was pulled from the lake around 2:30 a.m. near John Nolen Drive and North Shore near the bike path.
The medical examiner's office said Friend died of an accidental drowning. Additional testing was underway Tuesday.
Dane County deputies said Friend disappeared while fishing on Lake Monona last Thursday. His boat was launched from Law Park.
An empty boat was found the following day on the lake near the John Nolen Drive shoreline. The boat did not appear to be damaged and there was no evidence of a collision.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK