MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office has released the name of the man who was pulled out of Lake Monona early Tuesday morning.
Larnal Friend, 68, of Milwaukee, was pulled from the lake around 2:30 a.m. near John Nolen Drive and North Shore near the bike path.
The medical examiner's office said Friend died of an accidental drowning. Additional testing was underway Tuesday.
Dane County deputies said Friend disappeared while fishing on Lake Monona last Thursday. His boat was launched from Law Park.
An empty boat was found the following day on the lake near the John Nolen Drive shoreline. The boat did not appear to be damaged and there was no evidence of a collision.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire