ROCK SPRINGS, Wis. - A body was pulled from the Baraboo River on Sunday and identified as a man who went missing last week.
The Sauk County Sheriff's Office said a dive team removed a body that was stuck in a logjam south of Rock Springs.
Authorities confirmed the body belonged to Frank Shimniok, 57, who was last seen Oct. 6.
The Sheriff's Office said last week Shimniok was walking home from a wedding reception at the Rock Springs Community Center. His hat and glasses were found along County Road DD and the Baraboo River.
The incident remains under investigation by the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter