ROCK SPRINGS, Wis. - A body was pulled from the Baraboo River on Sunday and identified as a man who went missing last week.
The Sauk County Sheriff's Office said a dive team removed a body that was stuck in a logjam south of Rock Springs.
Authorities confirmed the body belonged to Frank Shimniok, 57, who was last seen Oct. 6.
The Sheriff's Office said last week Shimniok was walking home from a wedding reception at the Rock Springs Community Center. His hat and glasses were found along County Road DD and the Baraboo River.
The incident remains under investigation by the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people