OSHKOSH, Wis. - Winnebago County authorities say the body of a skydiver has been found in an Oshkosh-area lake.
A dive team began searching for the skydiving instructor after wind pushed him off course and into Lake Butte des Morts on Tuesday. The instructor was making a tandem 10,000-foot jump with a student.
Officials say the student swam to shore for help about 12:30 p.m. and was not injured.
The sheriff's department says the instructor's body was found shortly before 5:30 p.m.
His name has not been released pending notification of relatives.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say