OSHKOSH, Wis. - Winnebago County authorities say the body of a skydiver has been found in an Oshkosh-area lake.
A dive team began searching for the skydiving instructor after wind pushed him off course and into Lake Butte des Morts on Tuesday. The instructor was making a tandem 10,000-foot jump with a student.
Officials say the student swam to shore for help about 12:30 p.m. and was not injured.
The sheriff's department says the instructor's body was found shortly before 5:30 p.m.
His name has not been released pending notification of relatives.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids