HAYWARD, Wis. - Authorities say a 41-year-old Wisconsin man drowned in Lac Courte Oreilles Lake over the weekend.
The Sawyer County Sheriff's Office received a call about a drowning around 6 p.m. Saturday, and activated its dive team. At 8 p.m. the search was suspended because of darkness and high winds.
The search resumed Sunday morning. The sheriff's office dive team found the victim's body just after 9:30 a.m.
The Duluth News Tribune reports the sheriff's office identified the victim as Arthur Schmock of Hayward.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash