HAYWARD, Wis. - Authorities say a 41-year-old Wisconsin man drowned in Lac Courte Oreilles Lake over the weekend.
The Sawyer County Sheriff's Office received a call about a drowning around 6 p.m. Saturday, and activated its dive team. At 8 p.m. the search was suspended because of darkness and high winds.
The search resumed Sunday morning. The sheriff's office dive team found the victim's body just after 9:30 a.m.
The Duluth News Tribune reports the sheriff's office identified the victim as Arthur Schmock of Hayward.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement