ARGYLE, Wis. - The body of a third man who was thrown from a boat Saturday near Argyle on has been found.
Lafayette County Sheriff Reg Gill said the body of Kevin L. Holverson, 42, of rural Browntown, was found at 11:42 a.m. Monday in the Pecatonica River near the dam in Argyle.
Forty-year-old Thomas Melland, of Monroe, died at a Madison hospital. The other man survived and was treated for hypothermia.
Crews were on the water Sunday looking for the third fisherman after the boating accident. Deputies were called to the river just below the dam in Argyle on a report of a boating accident just after noon Saturday.
Investigators said three men were fishing along the river when their boat was pulled into the spillway by strong currents caused by the high river level.
All three were thrown from the boat.
Crews searched into the evening Saturday, but had to suspend the search for the night.
- Madison middle school student creates winning Google doodle
- Trespass charges for man found living in hospital closet
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say
- Jury to hear testimony in Milwaukee County inmate death
- Koval says Robinson settlement will have 'chilling effect'' on policing
- Divided state Supreme Court upholds DNA fee