ARGYLE, Wis. - The body of a third man who was thrown from a boat Saturday near Argyle on has been found.
Lafayette County Sheriff Reg Gill said the body of Kevin L. Holverson, 42, of rural Browntown, was found at 11:42 a.m. Monday in the Pecatonica River near the dam in Argyle.
Forty-year-old Thomas Melland, of Monroe, died at a Madison hospital. The other man survived and was treated for hypothermia.
Crews were on the water Sunday looking for the third fisherman after the boating accident. Deputies were called to the river just below the dam in Argyle on a report of a boating accident just after noon Saturday.
Investigators said three men were fishing along the river when their boat was pulled into the spillway by strong currents caused by the high river level.
All three were thrown from the boat.
Crews searched into the evening Saturday, but had to suspend the search for the night.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash