MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating after a body was found in a wooded area near Henry Vilas Zoo on Tuesday.
A passerby found the body of a 42-year-old man about 12:30 p.m. in an area off the bike path in the 300 block of Edgewood Drive, near the west entrance to Henry Vilas Zoo.
Police said that foul play is not suspected in the death at this time.
Police said the man may have been sitting alone on a bench near this area earlier on Tuesday.
The man's name is being withheld until his family is notified.
- High river level delays Rock Aqua Jays' opening performance
- Med Flight responds to one-vehicle crash in Fitchburg
- Custodian at Madison school resigns after allegedly punching parent
- Fish kill hits Traxler Park Lagoon in Janesville
- German delegation studies Madison College cyber security program
- More than 2,000 patients' info hacked, UW Health says