MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating after a body was found in a wooded area near Henry Vilas Zoo on Tuesday.
A passerby found the body of a 42-year-old man about 12:30 p.m. in an area off the bike path in the 300 block of Edgewood Drive, near the west entrance to Henry Vilas Zoo.
Police said that foul play is not suspected in the death at this time.
Police said the man may have been sitting alone on a bench near this area earlier on Tuesday.
The man's name is being withheld until his family is notified.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case