MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating after a body was found in a wooded area near Henry Vilas Zoo on Tuesday.
A passerby found the body of a 42-year-old man about 12:30 p.m. in an area off the bike path in the 300 block of Edgewood Drive, near the west entrance to Henry Vilas Zoo.
Police said that foul play is not suspected in the death at this time.
Police said the man may have been sitting alone on a bench near this area earlier on Tuesday.
The man's name is being withheld until his family is notified.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations