MILWAUKEE - An autopsy has confirmed the body found in the river in downtown Milwaukee is that of a college student who went missing on New Year's Day.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office said Friday the deceased is 24-year-old Nick Wilcox, a University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student.
Family and friends had posted flyers about the Wilcox in the downtown area and had searched for him since he disappeared celebrating the New Year on Old World 3rd St.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend