MILWAUKEE - An autopsy has confirmed the body found in the river in downtown Milwaukee is that of a college student who went missing on New Year's Day.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office said Friday the deceased is 24-year-old Nick Wilcox, a University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student.
Family and friends had posted flyers about the Wilcox in the downtown area and had searched for him since he disappeared celebrating the New Year on Old World 3rd St.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing