FOND DU LAC, Wis. - A body was discovered Friday in Lake Winnebago.
According to the Fond du Lac County sheriff's office, a fisherman spotted the body floating at about 2:15 p.m.
The caller provided GPS coordinates to sheriff's officials and they found the body about three miles west of Brothertown in Calumet County.
Fond du Lac County sheriff's Sgt. Ryan Waldschmidt told The Post-Crescent an empty vehicle and boat trailer have been sitting in a parking lot on the Winnebago County side of the lake for five days.
He hadn't heard of any reports of an empty boat drifting onshore.
The Calumet County Sheriff's Department is investigating and an autopsy is scheduled for Saturday in Fond du Lac County.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say