TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - Authorities in central Wisconsin said they don't suspect foul play following a house fire in the Town of Sigel this week that killed three family members.
The Wood County sheriff's department said Wednesday's fire apparently started near the garage. Authorities said the blaze appears to have been accidental.
The victims were identified Thursday as 79-year-old William J. Heiser Sr.; 71-year-old Janet M. Heiser; and their son, 38-year-old William J. Heiser Jr.
The fire was reported Wednesday about 2:30 a.m. Fire officials who responded found the house engulfed in flames.
Sigel is about 40 miles west of Stevens Point.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry