TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - Authorities in central Wisconsin said they don't suspect foul play following a house fire in the Town of Sigel this week that killed three family members.
The Wood County sheriff's department said Wednesday's fire apparently started near the garage. Authorities said the blaze appears to have been accidental.
The victims were identified Thursday as 79-year-old William J. Heiser Sr.; 71-year-old Janet M. Heiser; and their son, 38-year-old William J. Heiser Jr.
The fire was reported Wednesday about 2:30 a.m. Fire officials who responded found the house engulfed in flames.
Sigel is about 40 miles west of Stevens Point.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say