TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - Authorities in central Wisconsin said they don't suspect foul play following a house fire in the Town of Sigel this week that killed three family members.
The Wood County sheriff's department said Wednesday's fire apparently started near the garage. Authorities said the blaze appears to have been accidental.
The victims were identified Thursday as 79-year-old William J. Heiser Sr.; 71-year-old Janet M. Heiser; and their son, 38-year-old William J. Heiser Jr.
The fire was reported Wednesday about 2:30 a.m. Fire officials who responded found the house engulfed in flames.
Sigel is about 40 miles west of Stevens Point.
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit