MILTON, Wis. - Blackhawk Technical College's District Board voted unanimously to lease a Milton facility and convert it into an advanced manufacturing center.
According to a Blackhawk Technical College statement, the Milton development would house Precision Machining, Industrial Maintenance and Electro-mechanical Technology, among other programs. The building is set to open at the beginning of the 2014 fall semester.
"Developing an Advanced Manufacturing Training Center will provide us some much-needed space and at the same time, help address the workforce gap," Blackhawk Technical College President Tom Eckert said in the statement.
The Wisconsin Technical College Board must approve the building lease before the project can move forward, the statement said. The least is estimated to cost $155,125 in the first year, with the option to buy available at any time.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns