MILTON, Wis. - Blackhawk Technical College's District Board voted unanimously to lease a Milton facility and convert it into an advanced manufacturing center.
According to a Blackhawk Technical College statement, the Milton development would house Precision Machining, Industrial Maintenance and Electro-mechanical Technology, among other programs. The building is set to open at the beginning of the 2014 fall semester.
"Developing an Advanced Manufacturing Training Center will provide us some much-needed space and at the same time, help address the workforce gap," Blackhawk Technical College President Tom Eckert said in the statement.
The Wisconsin Technical College Board must approve the building lease before the project can move forward, the statement said. The least is estimated to cost $155,125 in the first year, with the option to buy available at any time.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry