BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. - A Black River Falls man was killed while deer hunting when his ATV rolled and pinned him under it.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Department said 54-year-old Marvin Waldsmith was hunting with his young son about 6:30 a.m. Friday near the town of Franklin.
They were riding up a steep hill toward a deer stand when the vehicle hit a log and tipped backward, the La Crosse Tribune reported.
Waldsmith's son was able to jump from the vehicle, but the older man was trapped beneath it.
Emergency responders declared Waldsmith dead at the scene.
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night