BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. - A Black River Falls man was killed while deer hunting when his ATV rolled and pinned him under it.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Department said 54-year-old Marvin Waldsmith was hunting with his young son about 6:30 a.m. Friday near the town of Franklin.
They were riding up a steep hill toward a deer stand when the vehicle hit a log and tipped backward, the La Crosse Tribune reported.
Waldsmith's son was able to jump from the vehicle, but the older man was trapped beneath it.
Emergency responders declared Waldsmith dead at the scene.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash