MADISON, Wis. - Madison Diocese Bishop Robert Morlino is hospitalized in Baltimore after falling and bumping his head, according to Madison Catholic Diocese spokesperson Brent King.
"He was walking to dinner with a bishop friend, wasn't watching where he was going and he missed a step," King said. "He tried to catch himself, but made it worse by taking a few more steps and hit his head."
King expects Morino to be OK and to be released from the hospital today.
"He broke a blood vessel in his eye, which makes him look like he has a black eye," King said. "He stayed at the hospital overnight for observation, but he plans to come home Thursday as scheduled."
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two