MADISON, Wis. - Madison Diocese Bishop Robert Morlino is hospitalized in Baltimore after falling and bumping his head, according to Madison Catholic Diocese spokesperson Brent King.
"He was walking to dinner with a bishop friend, wasn't watching where he was going and he missed a step," King said. "He tried to catch himself, but made it worse by taking a few more steps and hit his head."
King expects Morino to be OK and to be released from the hospital today.
"He broke a blood vessel in his eye, which makes him look like he has a black eye," King said. "He stayed at the hospital overnight for observation, but he plans to come home Thursday as scheduled."
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes