MADISON, Wis. - Madison Diocese Bishop Robert Morlino is hospitalized in Baltimore after falling and bumping his head, according to Madison Catholic Diocese spokesperson Brent King.
"He was walking to dinner with a bishop friend, wasn't watching where he was going and he missed a step," King said. "He tried to catch himself, but made it worse by taking a few more steps and hit his head."
King expects Morino to be OK and to be released from the hospital today.
"He broke a blood vessel in his eye, which makes him look like he has a black eye," King said. "He stayed at the hospital overnight for observation, but he plans to come home Thursday as scheduled."
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs