Bill Cosby is coming to Milwaukee to speak at Marquette University's spring commencement.
He will also receive an honorary doctor of letters degree during the ceremony May 19 at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Cosby has a strong commitment to education and believes knowledge helps lead to a rewarding life.
Cosby went back to college after he had achieved much of his success to obtain a master's degree and a doctorate degree in education.
In a news release, Marquette's president Rev. Scott Pilarz calls Cosby a pioneer in breaking down racial stereotypes in television.
Marquette will also award Sister Rosemary Connelly an honorary doctor of humane letters degree. She is executive director of Misericordia Heart of Mercy, a service organization in Rogers Park, Ill., that supports people with developmental disabilities.
- MFD: 1 transported from rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed