COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - A plan to construct a 6-mile stretch of bike trail is much more than it seems. The project would not only provide a link between paths in our area but would allow cyclists to ride straight from Dodgeville to Milwaukee with ease.
The plan would extend the Glacial Drumlin Trail, which ends in Cottage Grove. County, state and federal officials announced a plan to extend the trail west to Madison.
"It will create the final link in the Glacial Drumlin Trail, which will connect Waukesha through Madison over to Dodgeville," Dane County executive Joe Parisi said.
Parisi is including $130,000 in his 2017 budget for the project. The county money will be combined with funds from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and the federal government. If all goes according to plan construction would begin in 2019.
This is going to improve people's quality of life and make Wisconsin and our region a better place to visit," Parisi said.
Parisi's budget hasn't been approved yet. At the press conference, he said he expects support from the county board.
- Loretta (Raemisch) Wittenburg
- Kohl's to start accepting Amazon returns at some stores
- Baraboo man receives 36th operating after suspension citation
- Madison considers 1 percent hotel room tax hike
- MPD: Police search for suspect following possible shots fired
- Review: 'American Assassin' as generic as it gets in its genre