MADISON, Wis. - A man accused of taking a student's bike told police he stole the bike because he didn't want to walk anymore.
Police said a the neighbor of a 20-year-old University of Wisconsin Madison student spotted a man taking the student's $900 bike in the 100 block of West Doty Street Friday at 3:54 p.m.
The student left the bike while looking for tools to fix it.
The neighbor provided police a description and police said a man matching the description was spotted a few minutes later near Monona Terrace.
Craig B. Greengrass, 46, was arrested on suspicion of theft of movable property.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers