MADISON, Wis. - A man accused of taking a student's bike told police he stole the bike because he didn't want to walk anymore.
Police said a the neighbor of a 20-year-old University of Wisconsin Madison student spotted a man taking the student's $900 bike in the 100 block of West Doty Street Friday at 3:54 p.m.
The student left the bike while looking for tools to fix it.
The neighbor provided police a description and police said a man matching the description was spotted a few minutes later near Monona Terrace.
Craig B. Greengrass, 46, was arrested on suspicion of theft of movable property.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need