MADISON, Wis. - More than 80 bikes have been reported stolen to the Madison Police Department Central District since June 1.
Madison police said in most of the cases included uptick, the thief is cutting bike locks.
A 21-year-old woman this week reported to police that her mountain bike was stolen from a rack behind her apartment building in the 300 block of North Frances Street. She said the thief cut the lock in order to steal the bike.
Anyone with information on the thefts is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK