MADISON, Wis. - More than 80 bikes have been reported stolen to the Madison Police Department Central District since June 1.
Madison police said in most of the cases included uptick, the thief is cutting bike locks.
A 21-year-old woman this week reported to police that her mountain bike was stolen from a rack behind her apartment building in the 300 block of North Frances Street. She said the thief cut the lock in order to steal the bike.
Anyone with information on the thefts is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land