MADISON, Wis. - A bicyclist suffered head injuries when he locked his brakes on a bike trail on University Avenue on Friday morning.
Madison police said the 51-year-old man was heading east on University Avenue near Spring Harbor Drive when he locked his brakes sending him over the handlebars.
The man landed in the road and struck his head. The injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
The bicyclist was wearing a helmet.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes