MADISON, Wis. - A bicyclist suffered head injuries when he locked his brakes on a bike trail on University Avenue on Friday morning.
Madison police said the 51-year-old man was heading east on University Avenue near Spring Harbor Drive when he locked his brakes sending him over the handlebars.
The man landed in the road and struck his head. The injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
The bicyclist was wearing a helmet.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game