MADISON, Wis. - A 23-year-old Madison man was injured when a car turned into the path of his bike, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said the biker was traveling north in the 800 block of South Park Street at around 8:30 a.m. Friday when the motorist turned left from the southbound lanes to go into a parking lot.
The bike collided with the back side of the SUV, according to police.
The 20-year-old woman driving the SUV was cited for making an illegal turn.
The bicyclist was taken to a hospital for treatment of cuts to his head.
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers
- Deputies: Couple caught stealing coats may be connected to other thefts