MADISON, Wis. - A 23-year-old Madison man was injured when a car turned into the path of his bike, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said the biker was traveling north in the 800 block of South Park Street at around 8:30 a.m. Friday when the motorist turned left from the southbound lanes to go into a parking lot.
The bike collided with the back side of the SUV, according to police.
The 20-year-old woman driving the SUV was cited for making an illegal turn.
The bicyclist was taken to a hospital for treatment of cuts to his head.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land