MADISON, Wis. - A 23-year-old Madison man was injured when a car turned into the path of his bike, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said the biker was traveling north in the 800 block of South Park Street at around 8:30 a.m. Friday when the motorist turned left from the southbound lanes to go into a parking lot.
The bike collided with the back side of the SUV, according to police.
The 20-year-old woman driving the SUV was cited for making an illegal turn.
The bicyclist was taken to a hospital for treatment of cuts to his head.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart