MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a 26-year-old resident is in critical condition at a local hospital following an accident inside a construction zone late Thursday night.
Police said the incident happened in the 700 block of East Johnson Street near Livingston Street just before 10 p.m. Thursday.
Police said witnesses told them the cyclist was passing traffic in the construction zone and ran a red light before crashing. An examination of his bike after the crash found the carbon fiber front fork had snapped off the bike, potentially causing the crash.
Police said the cyclist was taken to the hospital with a severe head injury. Police said the cyclist was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say
- Police warn of kidnapping scam
- Driver injured in suspected OWI rollover, deputies say
- King holiday takes on added significance in age of Trump
- Man caught speeding suspected of 4th OWI, deputies say