MANAWA, Wis. - A bicyclist has died after colliding with a pickup truck in east-central Wisconsin.
The Waupaca County sheriff's office said the truck was traveling south on a road in the town of Union around 11 a.m. Thursday when it approached a bicyclist traveling south in the northbound lane.
Authorities said the bicyclist made an abrupt right turn in the pickup's path, and the driver was unable to avoid the collision.
The sheriff's office said the bicyclist suffered massive head injuries and died at the scene. He was not wearing a helmet.
Post-Crescent Media reported that the victim is a rural Manawa man. His name was not released. The sheriff's office said the truck driver was not arrested and no charges are expected.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says