MANAWA, Wis. - A bicyclist has died after colliding with a pickup truck in east-central Wisconsin.
The Waupaca County sheriff's office said the truck was traveling south on a road in the town of Union around 11 a.m. Thursday when it approached a bicyclist traveling south in the northbound lane.
Authorities said the bicyclist made an abrupt right turn in the pickup's path, and the driver was unable to avoid the collision.
The sheriff's office said the bicyclist suffered massive head injuries and died at the scene. He was not wearing a helmet.
Post-Crescent Media reported that the victim is a rural Manawa man. His name was not released. The sheriff's office said the truck driver was not arrested and no charges are expected.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs