MADISON, Wis. - A bicyclist has died after he was pinned beneath a car following a crash Wednesday evening in Madison.
The Dane County Medical Examiner said Sunday Tyler Knipfer, 21, died. An autopsy will be completed on Monday. Knipfer was from Madison.
City of Madison firefighters and paramedics responded at about 5 p.m. Wednesday to a report of a crash at the intersection of Aberg Avenue and Huxley Street.
They arrived to find Knipfer pinned beneath a car. Crews extricated him using inflatable bags to lift the weight of the car, according to a Madison Fire Department news release.
The Madison Fire Department recently completed updated training in the use of the bags for extrication and completed the job within minutes, according to the news release.
Knipfer was transported via Med Flight to the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.
A Madison Metro bus driver witnessed the crash, and police said they hope to get video from the bus to help in their investigation of the crash.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire