MADISON, Wis. - A bicyclist has died after he was pinned beneath a car following a crash Wednesday evening in Madison.
The Dane County Medical Examiner said Sunday Tyler Knipfer, 21, died. An autopsy will be completed on Monday. Knipfer was from Madison.
City of Madison firefighters and paramedics responded at about 5 p.m. Wednesday to a report of a crash at the intersection of Aberg Avenue and Huxley Street.
They arrived to find Knipfer pinned beneath a car. Crews extricated him using inflatable bags to lift the weight of the car, according to a Madison Fire Department news release.
The Madison Fire Department recently completed updated training in the use of the bags for extrication and completed the job within minutes, according to the news release.
Knipfer was transported via Med Flight to the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.
A Madison Metro bus driver witnessed the crash, and police said they hope to get video from the bus to help in their investigation of the crash.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash