MADISON, Wis. - Beltline traffic both westbound and eastbound will be closed between Fish Hatchery Road and Verona Wednesday overnight, according to a release.
Lanes will be closed at 10 p.m. Wednesday and are expected to be opened back up at 5 a.m. Thursday, officials said.
The closure was scheduled so workers can set trusses for the Cannonball Path bike and pedestrian overpass, according to the release. A signed detour will be posted.
The westbound detour has traffic exiting off the Beltline onto Fish Hatchery Road, going south of Fish Hatchery Road, west on McKee Road, north on Verona Road and west back onto the Beltline.
The eastbound detour has traffic existing off the Beltline onto Verona Road, going south on Verona Road, east on McKee Road, north on Fish Hatchery Road and east back onto the Beltline.
Officials said both north and south frontage roads will remain open during the closure but they encourage motorists to use alternative routes during the overnight closure to avoid delays.Beltline to be closed in both directions overnight
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry