MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office is looking for a vehicle that sideswiped the Dane County Sheriff's Office Freeway Service truck Monday morning.
Around 9:25 a.m. the truck was shutting down an exit ramp lane on the eastbound Beltline to John Nolen Drive when it was hit by a passing vehicle, officials said. The sheriff's deputy inside the vehicle had the emergency lights on and the large digital sign board was directing traffic to move over.
Highway workers were on the shoulder removing construction barrels when a red pickup truck with a red topper sideswiped the truck and hit the driver's side mirror, according to the release. The driver of the truck did not stop, but the vehicle sustained damage to the passenger side of the vehicle.
Officials ask anyone with information who can help identify the vehicle or the driver to call the Dane County tip line at 608-284-6900.
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer
- Dane County looks into another option for jail renovation
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water