MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office is looking for a vehicle that sideswiped the Dane County Sheriff's Office Freeway Service truck Monday morning.
Around 9:25 a.m. the truck was shutting down an exit ramp lane on the eastbound Beltline to John Nolen Drive when it was hit by a passing vehicle, officials said. The sheriff's deputy inside the vehicle had the emergency lights on and the large digital sign board was directing traffic to move over.
Highway workers were on the shoulder removing construction barrels when a red pickup truck with a red topper sideswiped the truck and hit the driver's side mirror, according to the release. The driver of the truck did not stop, but the vehicle sustained damage to the passenger side of the vehicle.
Officials ask anyone with information who can help identify the vehicle or the driver to call the Dane County tip line at 608-284-6900.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1