MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office is looking for a vehicle that sideswiped the Dane County Sheriff's Office Freeway Service truck Monday morning.
Around 9:25 a.m. the truck was shutting down an exit ramp lane on the eastbound Beltline to John Nolen Drive when it was hit by a passing vehicle, officials said. The sheriff's deputy inside the vehicle had the emergency lights on and the large digital sign board was directing traffic to move over.
Highway workers were on the shoulder removing construction barrels when a red pickup truck with a red topper sideswiped the truck and hit the driver's side mirror, according to the release. The driver of the truck did not stop, but the vehicle sustained damage to the passenger side of the vehicle.
Officials ask anyone with information who can help identify the vehicle or the driver to call the Dane County tip line at 608-284-6900.
- Officers target seat belt use over holiday weekend
- Man sentenced for 13th drunken driving conviction
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game
- Trump budget upsets families hit by opioid addiction crisis
- Hundreds sign student-led petition to change Madison high school name