BELOIT, Wis. - A Beloit woman was seriously injured after she struck a tree while driving, police said.
The Town of Beloit Police Department said just before 4 p.m. Saturday, officers and Rock County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a single-car crash on Highway 51 south of Townline Road in the Town of Beloit.
According to the report, the 53-year-old driver, a woman from Beloit, appeared to have suffered a medical emergency while driving.
The woman's four-door Buick was headed north on Highway 51 when it crossed over the center line into oncoming traffic, almost caused a head-on collision and went off the road, hitting a tree, police said.
According to the report, the woman sustained serious injuries and was flown to a hospital in Rockford, Ill.
The Town of Beloit Fire Department and paramedics from the City of Beloit also responded, the report noted.
Police said the name of the driver was not released for medical privacy concerns and no citations were issued.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game