BELOIT, Wis. - Police said a Beloit man was charged with attempted murder in connection with a stabbing incident Wednesday.
The City of Beloit Police Department said officers responded to a domestic disturbance on Colley Road in Beloit at about 12:45 p.m.
Police said one of the men living in the home, Norman Bourgord, 51, cut another resident with a knife.
Joshua Pope, 24, received three lacerations to his upper right arm. Pope was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville for non-life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
Police said Bourgord was at the scene when police arrived and was arrested on suspicion of attempted first-degree intentional homicide. Bourgord also had a an outstanding drug warrant from the state of Alabama.
Bourgord was taken to Rock County Jail.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief