BELOIT, Wis. - Police said a Beloit man was charged with attempted murder in connection with a stabbing incident Wednesday.
The City of Beloit Police Department said officers responded to a domestic disturbance on Colley Road in Beloit at about 12:45 p.m.
Police said one of the men living in the home, Norman Bourgord, 51, cut another resident with a knife.
Joshua Pope, 24, received three lacerations to his upper right arm. Pope was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville for non-life-threatening injuries, according to the report.
Police said Bourgord was at the scene when police arrived and was arrested on suspicion of attempted first-degree intentional homicide. Bourgord also had a an outstanding drug warrant from the state of Alabama.
Bourgord was taken to Rock County Jail.
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident
- Janesville school board looks to revise policy, boost attendance