YORK TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A 74-year-old Beloit man was transported by Med Flight after a midday crash in York Township Monday, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said a pickup truck driven by the victim was traveling northbound on Highway 73 when he went off the road north of Clarkson Road. The truck went over a culvert and struck a tree.
The driver was seriously injured, according to investigators. He was transported to University of Wisconsin Hospital.
Investigators said they don't know the cause of the crash.
The victim's name is being withheld pending further information on the man's condition.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire