JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Beloit man was arrested on a tentative drunken driving charge after a state trooper initiated a traffic stop Saturday afternoon, officials said.
Around 3:55 p.m., a caller reported a vehicle driving erratically on Interstate 90 eastbound at mile marker 149.6, according to a release.
A state trooper was observing traffic nearby when a vehicle fitting the description passed his location, officials said. The trooper observed the vehicle weave from lane to lane and made a traffic stop.
When the trooper made contact with the driver, David E. Peacock, 47, of Beloit, he could smell alcohol, according to the release. Field sobriety tests were administered and Peacock was subsequently arrested on a tentative fifth-offense operating while intoxicated charge.
Peacock was transported to the Rock County Jail without incident, officials said.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart