MADISON, Wis. - Limits on services available at the Rock County Humane Society are prompting officials in Beloit and Janesville to seek services from the Dane County Humane Society.
If approved by officials in both cities, the agreement would mean certain impounded animals would be sent to the Dane County Humane Society starting in 2013. Those animals would be those that are abused, neglected and injured. The Dane County Humane Society would also take animals whose owners are removed from the home and bite cases.
Officials in Janesville and Beloit had been investigating solutions to animal control issues and a lack of space and services at the Rock County Humane Society.
Both cities are still seeking a more permanent solution to handling animal control.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash