MADISON, Wis. - Limits on services available at the Rock County Humane Society are prompting officials in Beloit and Janesville to seek services from the Dane County Humane Society.
If approved by officials in both cities, the agreement would mean certain impounded animals would be sent to the Dane County Humane Society starting in 2013. Those animals would be those that are abused, neglected and injured. The Dane County Humane Society would also take animals whose owners are removed from the home and bite cases.
Officials in Janesville and Beloit had been investigating solutions to animal control issues and a lack of space and services at the Rock County Humane Society.
Both cities are still seeking a more permanent solution to handling animal control.
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers
- Deputies: Couple caught stealing coats may be connected to other thefts