BELOIT, Wis. - Fire officials are still investigating a fire in Beloit that injured two people.
The Beloit Fire Department responded to a report of a fire just before noon Sunday.
According to a report, smoke was seen coming out of eaves and the inside of a two-story home at 1319 St. Lawrence Ave. and it was full of smoke when crews arrived.
It was unknown as of early Sunday afternoon how many people were in the house when the fire started, fire officials said. Two people were injured including a person suffering burns and smoke inhalation and a Beloit firefighter who suffered heat exhaustion, according to the report.
Officials said they didn't yet know how the fire started and a damage total caused by fire was not yet available. The report noted smoke damage was heavy. The value of the house was estimated at $61,000, according to the report.
A Rock County sheriff's dispatcher said multiple area agencies responded to the fire with mutual aid.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart