BELOIT, Wis. - Officials said one firefighter was injured and a house was damaged in a fire Friday night.
The city of Beloit Fire Department said crews were called to 1315 Merrill St. at 10:57 p.m. for a report of a fire.
On arrival, firefighters saw heavy fire from the rear of the structure, according to the report.
Fire damage was reported as extensive to the rear of the home and there was smoke damage reported throughout the building, the fire department said.
Fire Department Deputy Chief Joseph Murray said the fire displaced up to nine people who lived in the building and damaged four structures near the residence.
One firefighter received minor injuries but occupants who were home at the time of the fire made it out safely, according to the report.
Officials said estimated costs of damage were not yet available Saturday morning. The cause and origin of the fire are under investigation.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say