BELOIT, Wis. - Officials said one firefighter was injured and a house was damaged in a fire Friday night.
The city of Beloit Fire Department said crews were called to 1315 Merrill St. at 10:57 p.m. for a report of a fire.
On arrival, firefighters saw heavy fire from the rear of the structure, according to the report.
Fire damage was reported as extensive to the rear of the home and there was smoke damage reported throughout the building, the fire department said.
Fire Department Deputy Chief Joseph Murray said the fire displaced up to nine people who lived in the building and damaged four structures near the residence.
One firefighter received minor injuries but occupants who were home at the time of the fire made it out safely, according to the report.
Officials said estimated costs of damage were not yet available Saturday morning. The cause and origin of the fire are under investigation.
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them