BELOIT, Wis. - Beloit firefighters have been called out to battle two blazes at homes in the city over the past 24 hours.
The first fire happened in the 1800 block of Arrowhead drive Thursday morning.
Fire officials said that fire happened after a bathroom ceiling heat lamp overheated, ignitiing insulation materials in the ceiling and attic.
Officials estimate the blaze caused more than $15,000 in damage to the home.
The second blaze occured early Friday morning in the 900 block of Kenwood Avenue.
All 7 residents of the home got out safely after they were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector.
Officials said the fire was caused when an overheated extension cord leading to a space heater ignited some bedding materials.
The fire caused significant damage to the basement and first floor of the home, Fire officials estimate the blaze caused $40,000 in damage to the home.
Red Cross officials are helping the family with emergency housing.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart