BELOIT, Wis. - The Beloit Fire Department responded to a residential fire Monday night, according to a release.
Officials responded to 2059 Lennox Ave. to reports of heavy smoke and fire showing at 3:44 p.m., according to the release.
There were four children and one adult in the home at the time but all occupants were evacuated when responders got to the scene, according to the release.
Officials said the fire originated in a second-floor bedroom after a child started the fire with matches.
Fire damage to the first and second level, and smoke damage throughout the house is estimated to have caused $35,000 in structure damage and $5,000 in home content damage, according to the release.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets